New User Training
Part 1: VFA Overview: Reporting VFA Data
For community college professionals that serve in the institutional research and effectiveness areas, this webinar will provide a high-level overview of the VFA’s data collection process, data dashboards, and exports. New VFA Key Contacts, Data Administrators, and Data Inputters are encouraged to attend, as the webinar is formatted to demo the tools for data entry, data display and the resources available through the VFA website. Attendees will learn about:
- Logging-in and navigating VFA data tools.
- Data collection cycle and workflow.
- Beginning data entry and submitting information.
- VFA reports, exports, and dashboards.
Part 2: VFA Raw Files Upload
- What data is reported in each of the five raw files (and what identifying information is not)
- How to upload the files into the VFA system and personalize the calculations for your college
- What error and validity checks are built in to increase consistency and accuracy in reporting
- How to review data produced from the raw files upload
Part 3: VFA Cohorts & Measures
- VFA Timeframes & Cohorts
- Student Progress & Outcomes measures
- Career & Technical Education measures
- Adult Basic Education measures